Position: Analytical Scientist (ADME)
Employment term: 1-year Contract with possibility of renewal
Start date: Immediate
Location: Mississauga, Canada
About the Role
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
· The ADME scientist will work with the team to support our clients’ drug discovery projects in evaluating the absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion of small molecule drug candidates.
· The candidate will perform a range of in vitro ADME assays (ex: solubility, microsomal, GSH stability etc.) to support the discovery of small molecules towards a variety of therapeutic targets.
· Troubleshoot and develop technical solutions to optimize experiments to deliver robust data output.
· Organize, track and complete scheduled tasks in a timely fashion to align with project advancement.
· Carefully document research workflows, experimental data and protocols
· Maintain lab notebooks, experimental results, and supporting documentation within database
· Prepare data summaries and reports to communicate with diverse audiences such as project teams, client, and executive board
· Monitor, review and critically interpret published research to support experimental efforts
· Train and supervise junior team members
Education & Certifications
· Master’s degree (with a minimum 2 years’ experience) or PhD (0-3 years’ experience) in biology, chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, or a combination of education, training and experience in which the desired expertise has been attained.
Knowledge, Experience & Technical Skills
· Experience with standard analytical techniques such as HPLC, LC-MS, UV-Vis etc. A theoretical and working knowledge of ADME/DMPK assays is as asset
· Hands on experience in method development and quantification of small molecules
· Independently conceive, design and execute hypothesis-testing experiments that directly contribute to project success
· Proficient in relevant programs for data analysis and visualization, e.g., GraphPad Prism, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word
Skills, Abilities & Competencies
· Ability to execute, analyze, interpret, present scientific data and to propose next steps in both experimental and project design and overall strategy
· Demonstrates the ability to simultaneously plan, organize, manage, and direct a complex variety of project activities to deliver the required business benefit
· Offers timely decision-making through use of sound judgement and technical knowledge
· Thinks critically and generates creative solutions to challenging scientific questions
· Approaches work with an entrepreneurial mindset, often working independently and, able to identify when to reach out for professional input
· Superior communication and interpersonal skills and proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
· Fast learner, flexible, innovative with the ability to work effectively in highly cross-functional teams
· Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet aggressive project timelines
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Dalriada Drug Discovery Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to achieving accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodation is available on request for qualified candidates during the recruitment process.
All employment is conditional upon completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check which may include educational and employment verification, business references and a criminal record investigation.