Position: Scientist Synthetic/Medicinal Chemistry
Reporting to: Senior Scientist
Employment term: 1-year Contract with possibility of renewal
Start date: Immediate
Location: Mississauga, On
About the Role
As a Scientist you will apply your knowledge of organic and medicinal chemistry for the synthesis of new compounds destined for a variety of drug discovery programs and screening platforms. The position requires performing multi-step syntheses of novel small molecules and preparing libraries of compounds that will be tested and characterized either internally or by our collaborators/clients. The successful candidate will join a vibrant and multi-disciplinary drug discovery team comprised of talented research individuals spanning a variety of disciplines.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
· Execute synthesis of novel small molecule modulators of various biological targets. Purify and characterize synthetic compounds as well.
· Maintain accurate and up-to-date laboratory notebooks which fully comply with all company policies.
· Ensure compliance with all regulatory and safety governmental and institutional requirements.
· The candidate may also be required to perform other duties within the team including but not limited to:
- procure and maintain inventories of reagents, laboratory consumables or other samples
- operate and maintain laboratory instruments
- ensure well organized experimental and regulatory documentation
- report and summarize experimental details to supervisor
- maintain the organization and cleanliness of the laboratory space
Education & Certifications
· Minimum M.Sc. in synthetic organic chemistry
· Preference will be given to candidates with previous experience in synthetic organic/ medicinal chemistry setting
Knowledge, Experience & Technical Skills
· Two-years’ experience in synthetic organic and/or medicinal chemistry (including graduate work) with expertise in small molecule synthesis, purification and analytical characterization by NMR (carbon, proton, fluorine), MS, HPLC, IR, TLC, LC-MS is required.
Skills, Abilities & Competencies
· Driven by scientific excellence as well as cost and process efficiency
· Offers timely results through use of sound judgement and scientific knowledge
· Thinks critically and proposes creative solutions to challenging scientific questions
· Often working independently and, able to identify when to reach out for professional input
· Superior communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
· Fast learner, flexible, innovative with the ability to work effectively within cross-functional teams
· Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet aggressive project timelines
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Dalriada Drug Discovery Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodation is available on request for qualified candidates during the recruitment process.
All employment is conditional upon completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check which may include educational and employment verification, business references and a criminal record investigation.
Contract length: 12 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract